Sunday, May 28, 2017

Introduction


Welcome to “MC Toon Reviews.”  This is a new blog where I review animated TV series old and new by going episode by episode with a short description of how good the episode is, a rating out of 10 and a ranking of the episodes of the series that just keeps on growing until the end.  These series may be ones I know very well, ones I’m only a little familiar with and want to know more about, or ones that are completely new to me.
I've ben a lover of animation for most of my life, and have spent much of my time trying to break into the field by finding an animation career to start off with to lead to my ultimate goal of becoming a director of animated films.  In the meantime, I express my love for animation by reviewing various animated TV shows, and I'm thrilled to be sharing my reviews with any potential readers.
The way these series of reviews will work is that I'll pick a season of a certain animated TV show and each day, post a review of an episode (usually consisting of two shorter segments) from the respective season.  Reviewing all the episodes of a season together at once would make for a very long blog post and I want to keep the audience engaged.  At the end of the reviews, the episodes will be added to a ranking that will keep growing until the end of the season so you can see which ones are the best and which ones are the worst.  When we get through all the episodes of the season, rather than review the episodes of that show's following season, I'll instead go onto a different show and return to the previously-discussed show at a later date.  This is because there are many animated TV shows out there, each one utilizing the medium in a different way.
With that said, here are the animated TV shows I currently have planned to review on this blog:
  • Hey Arnold
  • Over the Garden Wall
  • The Peanuts Specials
  • The Loud House
  • Ducktales
  • Steven Universe
I will review more animated TV shows whenever certain ones come to mind.  However, if you have any animated TV shows you'd like me to review, please leave them in the comments since I'm open to look into any show to expand my horizons.
Be sure to check into my blog tomorrow for the start of my first set of cartoon reviews, this time of the first season of the classic Nickelodeon series, Hey Arnold.  See you then, and remember to stay animated.

No comments:

Post a Comment